Project and portfolio management (PPM) is taking on increased importance in this economic recession as organizations focus on corporate initiatives and ensure that executives direct their spending and use of resources toward those goals. PPM creates visibility into available resources and assets to help IT executives and their governance boards determine which projects are most essential, follow timelines and assess ROI.
This CIO Briefing examines PPM and IT governance strategies at large organizations. It discusses the importance of PPM and best practices for PPM software selection, IT governance strategies and project management offices (PMOs).
Table of contents:
- Best practices for PPM software selection
- Benefits of using PPM software for project prioritization
- The role of IT governance in PPM
- The importance of a PMO in prioritizing projects
- How to implement PPM without PPM software
Resource: SearchCIO.com (quotation-alıntıdır)