Although some may have once deemed them fundamentally incompatible, HP Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) have proven to be a match made in heaven. While each one is capable of holding its own as a robust stand-alone tool, together they constitute the ultimate IT couple.
HP Project and Portfolio Management capabilities:
- Helps businesses manage resource allocation to applications in order to gain maximum investment value
- Encompasses project, portfolio, application portfolio, demand and financial management
- Helps organizations optimize scarce IT allocations and application development features
HP Application Lifecycle Management capabilities:
- Combines a set of disciplines with processes, policies and procedures to provide reporting and traceability across the lifecycle
- Helps teams coordinate application development across job roles and development processes, promoting timely, quality and within-budget projects
- Allows teams to synchronize and automate relationships and dependencies among development disciplines across global sites, teams, platforms and methodologies
HP PPM and HP ALM combined:
Executives and business stakeholders need objective, actionable data to maximize the business value of their organizations application portfolio. HP PPM combined with HP ALM deliver what’s been missing: application lifestyle data integrated with business metrics for better portfolio decisions. With their combined capabilities, stakeholders and decision makers gain an updated, comprehensive view of application costs and benefits, enabling them to manage and run the organization’s application portfolio like a business.
But don’t just take our word for it. The Forrester Wave™ for Project/Program Portfolio Management 2012 ranked HP PPM as a Strategic Leader, based in large part on its strategy of incorporating an ALM offering into its PPM solution. This integration enables organizations to fully converge project management and application development practices to deliver a higher level of transparency into project management.
It seems to us as though all is well in HP PPM/HP ALM paradise. To learn more about the power pair, check out the video below.